3.1.09

One Day KL Trip On The First Day Of 2009

I woke up very early in the morning on the first day of 2009, catching a 7.30am bus to Kuala Lumpur. Yup...I went to KL for a dance performance photo shooting...alone. I reached KL at about 1pm when I was almost finished listening all the songs in my phone. Thanks to Il Divo, Josh Groban, Emi Fujita, Michael Buble, Amici Forever, Stacey Kent, Imogen Heap, John Mayer and Mari Boine for making my bus trip a lot easier. :P After reaching KL, I headed to KLPAC straight away.

The first thing to do when I reached KLPAC was to hunt for food. I walked around the area and found this Japanese restaurant. Yes! Japanese food is always my favourite! The environment was not bad although it seemed like a little bit lack of maintenance.

I was the only customer during that time. After browsing through the menu, I ordered a Tempura Bento set and a Coke. Was the food nice? Well...the Coke was nice...or if you like non crunchy and soft tempura, then the food considered delicious.

While enjoying my "yummy" tempura, I took a few shots of the environment.
The restaurant was built beside the big pond of KLPAC. When I looked down to the pond, holy crap...a Gardenia plastic bag was floating on the water. Talking about maintenance huh? :(

After the meal, I took a small walk around the area. Although the place seems lack of maintenance, I love the greens in the area.




The technical rehearsal started at about 3pm. I went into Pentas 2 and took a few test shots. Not long ago I designed the lighting for A Night of the Theatre charity musical dance show in Penang. There was a photographer complaining very hard for him to take photos as the lights were very contrast and not balance at all by throwing all his "professional" photography terms to me. Hello! if you think musical dance theatre lighting is hard for you to take photos, try contemporary dance lighting my friend. My advice is, if you not knowing that stage lighting and studio lighting are complete different world, better seal off your mouth. Just my two cents. :)


After the technical rehearsal and dinner, I tried my 50mm f1.4 for the star light effect. Not bad huh?

My favourite photo of the day...DON'T SMOKE!!

The actual shooting would be during the full dress rehearsal. The dancers looked tired just before that. Title of the dance performance, Elephant In The Room.

The photo shooting ended at about 11pm and I went for a small drink with my friend. Around 3am...tidur macam mati...

The next day bus going home was at 1pm. I reached KTM at about 12pm so I got plenty of time to do something. My lunch maybe? Thought there was a KFC in the building, but found out it's already closed ages ago. @_@ What else to do? Took out my camera and "kachak kachak" loh...



Finally boarded the bus at around 12.45pm and...the view for my next five hours, taken by my W660i:

My sit was supposed to be at the left back end but I ended up sitting in the middle end, switched with a child as it was dangerous for him to sit in the middle with no safety belt. Quite a new and strange experience huh? Too bad I couldn't stay for an extra day just to watch the performance. Basically, I am still trying to figure out what the heck is the meaning of "Elephant In The Room" @_@ Upcoming post will be the photos of this contemporary dance performance. Stay tune!

2 comments:

Joanne said...

ooo.. so that's KLPAC.. i c.. @_@

great photos again btw. also, what bus did u take yeah? i might really be going to penang for CNY but it's gonna be a day trip la.. with my family.. but just in case.. next time i can take bus from kl ma..

Unknown said...

Plusliner loh...boarding at KTM building, much better than Puduraya. Highly recommended! There is now another bus company, Aeroline. Seems not bad. You can try also.

1 day?! can buat apa in Penang ler?